Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization, University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (ORIC) in collaboration with Small and Medium Enterprise Development Authority (SMEDA), Pakistan is organizing a one day workshop on Social Media Marketing on 8th November, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Twenty first century businesses are dominated by customers and their demands. Word-of-mouth, being the most powerful component of purchase decision process, has adopted new communication channel called social media. Conventional public relations function of marketing has taken new face of social media marketing. Marketers do not need to be physically present in relevant communities to interact and influence target segments as they can leverage specialized social media marketing platforms that are enhancing marketers’ efficiency.
SMEs need to learn about social media marketing tools and platforms to optimize their business management efforts. With ever growing popularity of social networking, SMEs need to ensure their presence on major social media platforms in order to engage and interact with their customers. They also need to appreciate the significance of directly reaching their customers through these powerful social media platforms at a considerably lower cost.
In this 1-day workshop, participants will learn the basics of social media marketing while appreciating its significance for small businesses. They will also be exposed to the use of different social media tools and platforms used to promote their businesses.
1. To understand the importance, scope, and power of social media marketing for SMEs
2. To learn the basics of social media marketing for engaging and interacting with target customers
3. To comparatively understand the dynamic, power, and varied use of different social media platforms
4. To equip participants with multiple social media marketing tools and plat-forms for business promotion
5. To enable participants design their social media marketing plan optimized for their specific requirements
6. To orient participants with the use of analytics for different platforms to track social media performance
Basics of Social Meda Marketing
Why social media marketing?
Objectives of social media marketing activities
Functions performed by social media marketing
Blogging, vlogging, microblogging, and hashtags
Social Media Tools and Platforms
Social sharing and vlogging platforms (Facebook, Instagram, & YouTube etc)
Micro-blogging platforms (Twitter etc)
Social discovery platforms (Pinterest etc)
Corporate and professional platforms
(Linkedin & Google + etc)
Multimedia messaging apps (Whatsapp, Viber, & Snapchat etc)
Social Media Strategy and Analytics
Comparative assessment of different social media marketing platforms
Integrating social media marketing campaign on multiple platforms
Devising integrated social media marketing strategy
Using social media analytics to track performance of social media marketing